By Rob Brill
Agent Orange Exposure Fairness Act:
- Establishes a presumption of service connection for certain diseases associated with exposure to herbicides during the Vietnam War.
- Authorizes the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide health care and disability compensation for conditions related to Agent Orange exposure.
- Requires the Secretary to update the list of diseases associated with exposure to herbicides used during the Vietnam War.
- Requires the Secretary to report to Congress on the implementation of this bill and the status of research into the health effects of exposure to herbicides used during the Vietnam War.
- Directs the Secretary of Defense to make information on herbicide testing and use during the Vietnam War available to the public.
- Directs the Secretary of State to cooperate with the Government of Vietnam to facilitate the preservation and remediation of areas affected by herbicide exposure.
Agent Orange: A Call to Justice for Our Vietnam Veterans
Agent Orange was a devastating chemical weapon used by the US military during the Vietnam War. The herbicide, which contained the toxic dioxin, has caused untold harm to both Vietnam veterans.
Despite the severity of the situation, it has taken far too long for our government to provide the necessary recognition and support for those affected by Agent Orange exposure. But change is on the horizon.
The “Agent Orange Act of 2021” has been introduced in the US House of Representatives, with the goal of providing much-needed recognition and support to the veterans and their families who have suffered from the effects of Agent Orange exposure.
The bill would direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to conduct a comprehensive study on the health effects of Agent Orange exposure, with the purpose of providing additional health care and benefits to those affected. This would include extending the time period for which veterans can receive benefits and expanding the list of conditions eligible for treatment.
In addition, the bill would establish an Agent Orange education and outreach program to raise public awareness about the dangers of Agent Orange and the health problems it causes. This program would work to ensure that veterans, their families, and the public are informed about the risks associated with Agent Orange exposure and the resources available to those affected.
It’s time for our government to step up and provide the recognition and support that our Vietnam veterans and their families so rightfully deserve. The “Agent Orange Act of 2021” is a call to justice for those affected by Agent Orange exposure, and a step in the right direction towards healing and recovery.
- Public Works First Responder$19.63
- Orange Skull Jungle, Vietnam Veteran Agent Orange T-Shirt$24.54
- Car Stickers$22.92 – $28.92
- Car Stickers$22.92 – $28.92
- Agent Orange Yard Flag$17.72 – $26.34
- Agent Orange Vietnam Veteran T-Shirt | Exposed Veterans Apparel$20.25
- Agent Orange T-Shirt$20.00
- Agent Orange Vietnam Veteran T-Shirt | Exposed Veterans Apparel$19.32 – $23.96
- Veterans Affected by Agent Orange: A Call to Support Short Sleeve T-Shirt$19.90 – $24.68